International Canoe World Championships, August 2017
Latest Results and News
These are the news sources that I am aware of. I'd welcome more. Facebook seems to have as many updates as anywhere else.
Team Germany's Blog is great, even if you have to use Google Translate to read it!
Day Two Features
Day One features
- VR Sport Video presentation of Day One.
- Sailweb Day One article.
- Yachts and Yachting Report Day One.
Day Zero (Cancelled Practice Race and Previews)
- Yachts and Yachting Report Practice Race Day.
- Sailweb Day Zero feature.
- VR Sport Video presentation of Day Zero and Tech Talk.
- Dave Timson photos on Facebook.
- Gareth Caldwell's preview on Yachts and Yachting
The 2017 Worlds are being held at Pwllheli Sailing Club in Wales, from 19th to 25th August. Pwllheli SC is one of the UKs major championship venues.
In case you are wondering, very roughly its pronounced puth-HEL-ee, and yes, you will hear Welsh spoken in local pubs and shops, but they all speak english too. It may be only 250 miles from London, but you will believe you're in a different country if you haven't been to West Wales before. I haven't sailed at Pwllheli myself, but I've competed at a championship a few miles down the coast in Cardigan Bay, and that was memorable for being paced down the reaches by dolphins, who will certainly be able to keep up with Canoes if they so wish.