Sailing Committee Ballot report

News from the ICF Sailing Committee
Colin Newman

Re: Sailing Committee Ballot report

Post by Colin Newman » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:59 pm

Thanks Ben, I hope the Swedish organising committee will in that case indicate its plans as soon as possible, rather than leave it till next year, so as to help those like me decide which is going to be the best boat to have in order to get the best racing at international events and at national events during the next year or two. In the long run the new rules boats are bound to become the more popular. When to change becomes an issue for people in my position and it would be helpful to know what competitions will be on offer. We live in interesting times!

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Sun May 18, 2008 4:58 am

Any progress on the new draft of the rules? we've got a regatta coming up in June (7,8,9) that would be handy to discuss things before our Nationals

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:05 pm

Christian AUS wrote:Any progress on the new draft of the rules? we've got a regatta coming up in June (7,8,9) that would be handy to discuss things before our Nationals
Anything yet?

Ben Fuller

Post by Ben Fuller » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:58 am

I don't know when we will see a new printed copy of rules. For purposes of planning what Neil has here is valid. The only other changes were to change to follow Ola's suggestion and rename the Nethercott the one design and reference the AC to the one design rule. So that the development rule is the new Appendix II, the existing Appendix II becomes IV, with -One Design added after International Ten Square Meter Sailing Canoe ( and any place else that these words appear in this appendix) and in Appendix III references to 2 are changed to 4.

ben
Ben Fuller
Macavity
USA 172

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:20 am

Cheers,
Is it worth getting Neil to make those updates so that our Website reflects the latest changes?

On the renaming of the Nethercott, in Australia the Nethercott is being referred to as just that and all other boats are IC's - simple but it seems to work as we have people inquiring about (and buying) Nethercotts, as well as people asking about IC's. Which seems to be working fine.

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Ben Fuller wrote:I don't know when we will see a new printed copy of rules. For purposes of planning what Neil has here is valid. The only other changes were to change to follow Ola's suggestion and rename the Nethercott the one design and reference the AC to the one design rule. So that the development rule is the new Appendix II, the existing Appendix II becomes IV, with -One Design added after International Ten Square Meter Sailing Canoe ( and any place else that these words appear in this appendix) and in Appendix III references to 2 are changed to 4.

ben
Is it worth us making those changes now on our front page? I am getting inquiries asking if the rules have changed or not because nothing has changed on our website (some of these inquiries are from people interested in IC's who have followed the links through YouTube and the promotional DVD).

Ben Fuller

Post by Ben Fuller » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:31 pm

Christian AUS wrote:
Ben Fuller wrote:I don't know when we will see a new printed copy of rules. For purposes of planning what Neil has here is valid. The only other changes were to change to follow Ola's suggestion and rename the Nethercott the one design and reference the AC to the one design rule. So that the development rule is the new Appendix II, the existing Appendix II becomes IV, with -One Design added after International Ten Square Meter Sailing Canoe ( and any place else that these words appear in this appendix) and in Appendix III references to 2 are changed to 4.

ben
Is it worth us making those changes now on our front page? I am getting inquiries asking if the rules have changed or not because nothing has changed on our website (some of these inquiries are from people interested in IC's who have followed the links through YouTube and the promotional DVD).
Yes it would; I can do it but I think it has to go to Neil.

Off to the local 4th of July parade.....

ben
Ben Fuller
Macavity
USA 172

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:30 pm

Cool,
So have we asked Neil if he can do this - I'm happy to make the changes, but I reckon having the latest rules available makes us look a bit more professional.

Any news on when and where the ICF Sailing Committee is going to occur?