Who's building boats to the new rules

Use this forum to discuss the latest changes in the class
Christian AUS

Who's building boats to the new rules

Post by Christian AUS » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:03 pm

As we look towards Germany in 2011 it's interesting to see who is getting/building new boats: I have no idea how accurate or complete my list is, but hopefully the relevant people will let us know the real details:

2 IC's are being built for Germany, Roger with a Steve C boat and Peter with a Chris M boat

I haven't heard much from the UK except that Alan P has a new rig but I'm not sure if he has a boat yet

In the USA Chris M is building a new boat, plus boats for others, and String Theory will be on the market soon. A bit of talk from others starting too but no pics yet.

In Australia/NZ: Hayden says he's started building (but no pics yet) same for Rob W with his lightened Nethercott. If some deals work out with current new rule boats then we'll probably see 2-3 more DC's built in the near future. Pardo and Rhys have been awful quiet on what they are doing in NZ.

Sweden has been too quiet, I haven't heard anything since the ballot, hopefully they'll all be tinkering away over the winter (coud a Swede please PM me so I can post the promo DVD's to you?).

So who else is building, and please show a picture?

Alistair

Re: Who's building boats to the new rules

Post by Alistair » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi Christian
I beleave that Andy is making another Morrison for some one, but I am not sure who, apart from that there are several mutterings of ideas, but ( i may be wrong) no one else started yet.
I have had a few jottings and some ideas but as yet do not plan to build another boat straight away. It will take me a few months to put my ideas into the CAD and then I may build one, but more likely will build another hull after the German worlds and untill then concentrate on getting the sliding seat and carrage better. I also would like better foils and mast and control systems. When I have these minor items as I like them then I an more likely to start a new hull. Its all down to time/money really!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alistair
Alistair

Chris Maas

Post by Chris Maas » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:28 pm

I was going to post a couple of pictures of my new boat but I can not yet figure out how to do it here.
I'll update progress over on Sailing Anarchy until I can figure it out.

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:55 pm

I'm looking into building Geoffs new 'flatpack IC':

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:13 am

Chris Maas's latest creation:

pardo528

Post by pardo528 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:41 am

I now have the gunwales on and am putting together the mast-step and bulkhead. I'll get some more pics soon. Am quite happy with how she's coming together but getting the internals right will be pretty important as I've chosen to go e-glass in and out.

Cheers
Pardo
bowhullup.JPG
bowhullup.JPG (134.59 KiB) Viewed 19508 times

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:35 pm

Cool, great to hear your progressing still - I've been watching your website and hadn't seen much for a few months.
On the AUS Nationals - I'm looking around for a boat for you. More in an email, Cheers

pardo528

Post by pardo528 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:23 am

Sorry that last pics was crap

Here are a couple better - building c-case at present

Cheers

Pardo
Attachments
Sept party 015.JPG
Sept party 015.JPG (54.31 KiB) Viewed 19126 times
Sept party 012.JPG
Sept party 012.JPG (34.03 KiB) Viewed 19028 times

H Virtue

Post by H Virtue » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:47 am

About time I post a pic here of my new toy. Almost finished top coat goes on tomorrow, then All I have to do is make the carriage look pretty also.
aus30-2.jpg
aus30-2.jpg (113.65 KiB) Viewed 19126 times
H.

jimc

Post by jimc » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Several good updates on the long running Sailing Anarchy thread here: http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index. ... getnewpost

From GBR: new Photos of Tin Teardop Mk 1.2, approaching completion...

From AUS: photo of the first of the "flatpacks", appraoching completion. http://icflatpack.blogspot.com/

From USA: photo from John Kells of Peter's new boat, ready for the dance floor.

and go back a bit further in the thread there's a shot of the internals of a new seat using SHC's "lasercut" design which is intended to make it easier to get a good seat built anywhere you are...

Is it me, or are mast stumps getting to be a feature on some of quite a few of these new boats:-)

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:04 pm

jimc wrote:Several good updates on the long running Sailing Anarchy thread here: http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index. ... getnewpost

From GBR: new Photos of Tin Teardop Mk 1.2, approaching completion...

From AUS: photo of the first of the "flatpacks", appraoching completion. http://icflatpack.blogspot.com/

From USA: photo from John Kells of Peter's new boat, ready for the dance floor.

and go back a bit further in the thread there's a shot of the internals of a new seat using SHC's "lasercut" design which is intended to make it easier to get a good seat built anywhere you are...

Is it me, or are mast stumps getting to be a feature on some of quite a few of these new boats:-)
Stumps are a trend at the moment and I think look pretty cool on the IC's, but what is going on with this half lopped bow thing? 8)
Attachments
AUS31 'Flatpack' ready for the topsides being laminated
AUS31 'Flatpack' ready for the topsides being laminated
DSC00137.JPG (131.42 KiB) Viewed 18399 times

MCR

Post by MCR » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:42 pm

I thought the lopped bow was a requirement so I've done it to my hull too. :D
Jethrow
AUS 33
Magic Carpet Ride
http://jethrowsicpage.blogspot.com/