Site Upgrade Latest

News and Updates
jimc

Site Upgrade Latest

Post by jimc » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:37 pm

The forum is now fully functional, and I've solved the interaction between the forum and the international website that was stopping the Int Website working. However we have now upgraded the system software that our hosting co wished to upgrade, and that upgrade has also broken the main International website. This isn't an immediate problem, since at the moment the international website is running on my personal web space at devboats.co.uk/en/index.php, but I do need to solve it. Its been a very "interesting" week so far...

I've had to make a change to forum registration. The new version of the forum software seems to be very vulnerable to automated spammers, and I had something like 25 attempted registrations in 24 hours. In order to try and minimise this registering onto the forum now requires the prospective participant to answer a question that demonstrates a very basic understanding of the racing rules. I hope everyone can manage!

This sort of thing is what gives IT support people like me nightmares. You start with a perfectly functional system, and are then forced into a series of changes that disrupt the poor users, and when you finally manage to resolve it you've given the users nothing extra.

jimc

Re: Site Upgrade Latest

Post by jimc » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:28 pm

I think we are back to normal now, and I've removed the diversion to my personal web space. Keep me poste about any issues you find.

Apologies for all the inconvenience. Jim C