Equipment listing

A forum to discuss issues related to the Worlds
jimc

Equipment listing

Post by jimc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:02 am

Chaps and Chappesses,
It would be awfully good to have a tech listing of boats at the worlds, or at least top ten or 20, to go on the int website.
I'd like design, designer, builder and Hull construction, mast maker and model if poss, sailmaker and foil builders.
ACs and Taifun too please.
Jim Champ

jimc

Re: Equipment listing

Post by jimc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 am

For anyone who is really keen, and feels like posting dimensions for the benefit of prospective builders and designers then mast face distance from the bow, and furthest forward and furthest back seat position are probably the most important, followed by, if you can manage it, the distance from bow or stern to max chine beam/waterline beam, plus the beam at that point if its more than minimum.

jimc

Post by jimc » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:09 am

If you prefer here's a link to a Google docs spreadsheet where you could fill in the information.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

jimc

Post by jimc » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:38 am

This is going staggeringly well. It has just occurred to me that I missed one significant detail - whether the mast is stepped on a stump, with the gooseneck on the stump, on the deck or even on the floor.

If folk could go back and see if there are any new fields that they can fill in it would be great.

Jim C

petermclaren

Post by petermclaren » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Are the measured weights available? Colin?

Peter