The International Canoe

The forum for the International Canoe
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1981 Worlds Photos, can you help?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:27 am 

I received this email to IC webmaster. Can anyone help out? Forward to me or reply here and I'll send things on.

cheers, Jim C
Quote:
Hi,

My name is Harrie Tieken and I am interested in photo's taken during the
IC worlds in 1981, can you help me with this ?

The IC I have was owned by Martin Herbert IC KC 10 and have her restored
for this coming sailing season.

Thank you in advance !

Greetings

Harrie

Post subject: Re: 1981 Worlds Photos, can you help?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:51 am 

I have a photo of the builder, not of the Canoe. Also a general start-line photo. I can upload on request.

The main event photographer was Gail Sleeman, whose address was (perhaps still is, according to the web) 165 Elm Street, South Dartmouth, MA02748, USA.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 1981 Worlds Photos, can you help?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:53 am 

Perham has kindly given me permission to post his dinghy park portraits on the web site, and I've added them to the bottom of the 1981 worlds report page http://www.intcanoe.org/en/1981worlds.php . Not sure about all the names, even though most are familiar, if folk could confirm or correct that would be great.

On the general subject of photos, old photos to go with the reports would be nice, even dinghy park ones just showing faces. So if you've got photos you took, and thus own the copyright for, it would be great if you were prepared to let us have copies and permission for the website. Clear shots of boats, so the changes to fit out and gear over the decades are recorded, would be even better.

Of course on the water ones would be even better, but as soon as you go back a few years they will most likely be taken by professionals. Should you be in contact with some of the photographers from the old days, and felt like making a contribution to their pension fund (for that is what a photographers archives are really) on behalf of the Canoe Assn in exchange for a copy and permission to reproduce, then that would be great too.