Oxford Sailing Club
NOTICE OF RACE
1. Organising Authority: The organising authority is Oxford Sailing Club, Oxford, UK.
2. Rules: The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2013-2016, the appropriate class rules, and the sailing instructions of the event.
3. Registration: Registration will be from 09:30 on the 05 October 2019 in the clubhouse.
Sailing instructions will be available at registration.
4. Briefing: There will be a briefing for all competitors at 1000
5. Schedule of Races: It is intended to hold 4 races, first race to start not before 1100
6. Scoring: 2 races are required to be completed to constitute a series. The Low point scoring system will be used and ties will be broken in accordance with RRS Appendix A.8. A discard will be allowed if three or more races are sailed.
7. Fees: The entry fee per boat (cheques payable to Oxford Sailing Club) are as follows:
(Additional £5.00 if rig setup report required from Adam Bowers)
8. Prize giving: The prize giving will be held as soon as possible after the last race of the series. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
a. Overall first 3 places
b. First OD if 3 boats or more are entered
c. First AC if 3 boats or more are entered
Official RYA Yardstick handicaps to be used:
9. RISK STATEMENT
Rule 4 of the Racing Rules of Sailing states: "The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone". Sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking part in the event, each competitor agrees and acknowledges that:
a) They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event;
b) They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whether afloat or ashore;
c) They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions;
d) Their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate;
e) The provision of a race management team, patrol boats and other officials and volunteers by the event organiser does not relieve them of their own responsibilities;
f) The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, particularly in extreme weather conditions, as can be practically provided in the circumstances.
10. Insurance: Competitors are required to hold third party insurance for racing of at least £2,000,000.
11. Safety Regulations: Life-jackets or other adequate personal buoyancy shall be worn by all competitors at all times whilst afloat. Wet suits and dry suits are not adequate personal buoyancy.
12. Catering: Hot and cold food will be available from the galley on arrival and at lunch time. The bar will be open from 16:30 to 17.30
13. Further Information;
a. For further information please contact Shaun Anderson via FB or IC Forum
If you have a UK related question post it here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1