If you have a UK related question post it here.

Post Reply
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: United Kingdom


Post by Alistair » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:19 pm

I am now responsible for boat registrations. All boats need to have a current measurement certificate to be eligible for placings at open events, the nationals and international events.

Measurement certificates are registered to the owner, so if you have purchased a second hand boat then you need to have a new measurement certificate. Don’t worry, as a Class Association member, this is a free service and quite simple. Let me know the boats number, name, and ideally send me its original measurement form or the previous owners measurement certificate, your name and address, and I will issue you with a new certificate.

If you are having a new boat or need a new number for an imported boat then please send me a cheque payable to BCU Sailing Committee for £50, or let me know when you have made a transfer to the Association’s bank account (Sort code: 09-01-55 Account number: 35483708). Once you have your number, the measurement form can be completed and sent to me. A measurement Certificate will then be issued.

Happy Christmas

Hope to see you all on the water next year!

Alistair Warren

Post Reply