Small print stuff.

If you have a UK related question post it here.

michael Brigg

Small print stuff.

Post by michael Brigg » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:00 pm

So,

Getting rather exited about this year.... but, I feel I need to know a few basics. I need to get some practice in to be sure I don't get in anyones way when being lapped . (Starting tactic will be strictly stay out of trouble!)

I understand there are a few "need to know" rules in the class that are likely to come up at measuring in when the championships come along. I have a time capsule boat which is unchanged since 1968, and may need a few adjustments.

Is there an accessible set of racing rules and class rules for things like Built in buoyancy? (ie:Do I need to stuff the hull with bags of pingpong balls) or similar actions. Do my inspection hatches need to be sealed, are there any other "safety" rules.

I have seen on the Class pages a few notes on Depth of Plate / foil, and minimum weight/ Sliding seat weight, and some chat @ fore triangles etc, but is there other stuff?

Pleased to say I have already laid down the application for the Pink pass, and will be putting in my bid on the holiday rota for June and August next week. :lol: :D :D
Last edited by michael Brigg on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Brigg

K102 "Torment." Cold moulded Nethercott
K203 "Moonshadow" Carbon "Pyranha" Nethercott (Spare boat. Needs a polish)

johnnixon

Re: Small print stuff.

Post by johnnixon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:00 pm

SteveC

Re: Small print stuff.

Post by SteveC » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:31 pm

Michael,

Buoyancy has to be built in as either foam or buoyancy bags and needs to have a volume of 75kg.

The new rules are out for 2017 and it has have some changes which are more clarifications than anything major but nothing that will affect the Nethercott OD Appendix IV if you intend to keep the boat true to its age and I think most would advise you to do so.

The new 2017 rules will shortly be in the UK site and are already on the ICF site.
Steve Clarke (UK)
GBR338 "Money4Nuffin